No matter your profession, job or role, COVID-19 has changed the daily routine for almost everyone. With the many changes you are facing, it’s important to prioritize inner wellness in addition to taking care outwardly. Here are some helpful tips from the American Psychiatric Association, Center for Workplace Health:
- Keep a regular schedule: Create and maintain a routine and schedule. Set up a designated space for you and each family member to work and learn. Don’t forget to include periodic breaks for recharging in your schedule.
- Stay connected: Stay connected with family, friends, and support systems using video conferencing. Talk about your fears and concerns with people you trust. Chances are they are feeling the same way.
- Get enough sleep
- Eat well and staying hydrated
- Exercise, stay active and get fresh air: This is not only good for your physical health, but also your mental health. Periodically, get up and move around your home. Walking, stretching, planks or jumping jacks—whatever works best for you to reduce or alleviate stress and increase endorphins. While our favorite gyms and fitness centers are closed during this time, many are offering free livestreams or app-based workouts.
- Stay informed but limit media consumption: Avoid continuous exposure to news, media, and social media that may trigger or elevate anxiety, stress, or panic. Stay informed by following few, authoritative resources, like the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Download the full article using the button below