Step-by-step clinical overview of patient evaluation via live video consultation (synchronous teledentistry, D9995)
Scott Howell, DMD, MPH is Assistant Professor and Director of Teledentistry at A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. He develops clinical programs, screening and imaging protocols, and educational curriculum, including for teledentistry applications.
During this presentation, Dr. Howell will provide clinical overview for best practices for teledentistry oral evaluations, including with pediatric patients.
- Tips for the patient to set up their computer or phone
- How to help the patient get comfortable with movements
- Patient instruction for preparing for exam, including infection control steps
- Suggested assessment questions to ask
- Step by step images and instructions that you can use with patient to help them display properly for evaluation
Dr. Howell is on the Covid-19 Advisory Response Team for MouthWatch.