During his webinar presentation, Dr. Howell provided a clinical overview of best practices for oral evaluation done through synchronous teledentistry. He discussed exam workflow, patient and provider technology set-up and and optimal patient positioning for a successful synchronous teledentistry exam.
He’s created a downloadable PDF guide condensing the guidance from the webinar.
The guide includes:
- Tips for patient to setup their computer and space for your virtual consult
- Tips for patient on using a mobile phone
- What to do and what to avoid in setting up your consultation space for synchronous teledentistry with patients
- Images and instruction scripts you can use with patients to help them mirror
- A checklist of questions if patient has pain or swelling
You can also register to watch the recorded webinar here.
Scott Howell, DMD, MPH is Assistant Professor and Director of Teledentistry at A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. He develops clinical programs, screening and imaging protocols, and educational curriculum, including curriculum for teledentistry applications. Dr. Howell is on the Covid-19 Advisory Response Team for MouthWatch.